Monday, February 17, 2014

About Communication

First of all, I hope to learn to apply the vocabularies and grammars we learnt so far to real life scene in our podcast project.
Secondly, I'm interested to see the cultural differences and similarities in East Asian countries as my group is supposed to cover. By discussing tea, porcelain, calligraphy, etc., I hope to have more understanding of these cultures.
Also, I would like to work with my three lovely team members. Learn from them not only knowledge, also different perspectives on same issue.

Communication for me means to share ideas, perspectives to both intended audience and unintended audiences. For this project, our intended audience, first of all, is our sensei and classmates. Maybe other students in this community as well. So, we would like to apply as much vocabularies and grammars as we learnt so far to conduct effective dialogues. For the unknown unintended audiences, I think we would like to use appealing visual techniques, such as colorful and lovely food and dish wares, to attract the attention of them. And I hope we could use clear narrative in information transmission.

4 comments:

  1. Ji-san,

    I am enjoying the work we've done so far on our podcast project. We are putting what we've learned to practical use, right? We chose an esoteric topic, but it's an important one, I think. Through our project, we are understanding different cultures and learning a great deal. Part of good communication is understanding cultural differences as well as similarities.

    In our project, we're taking a simple bowl of ramen to communicate the historic connections between three countries, and I think that's wonderful!

    がんばってください!

    スーザン・ハマカー

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. スーザンさん、
      ありがとうございました! Our project is very interesting. Looking forward to the videoing part!

      Delete
  2. I think you have brought up an important point, perhaps the most important aspect, of communication! As you suggested, in communication there is always sender and receiver, and specifying the receiver as much as possible is always the best way to convey your message with minimum misunderstanding. So I really liked that you are already keeping the faces of audience and I believe that should help you as you develop the video. The challenge could be, also as you mentioned, the random people who happened to access to your work through YouTube. I hope as a team you come up with a good way to make your podcast helpful and insightful for everyone who watch it. がんばってください!TAむらい

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TA san, ありがとうございました!We hope to use delicious food and beautiful objects to make it as appealing as possible. Thanks for your valuable advices!

      Delete